EXP: 27 YEARS IN TEACH
SMT. Parwati Gopal Iyer
She is a Master of Commerce from University of Nagpur & a Bachelor of Education from University of Bhopal.
Strong and a determined focus on the results of the students and a consistent quest of outstanding performance in the field of education have made a solid platform for a successful educational guide. Hands on experience in Computer Education in a private Institute for 3 years and in academics (commerce) for last 23 years ensures that she empathizes well both in the subject knowledge and the psychology (motivational factors) of the child. A hardcore commerce teacher for 16 years at The Emerald Heights International School, Centre of Cambridge University, Indore, widened her horizon as an empathetic teacher. As an academician, she took over administrative responsibilities since 2007, as Vice-Principal, Bhavan’s B. P. Vidya Mandir, Srikrishna Nagar, Wathoda, Nagpur, and then with an independent charge of a Principal since March 2013, of a new school – Bhavan’s B. P. Vidya Mandir, Trimurti Nagar, Nagpur. Excellent communication skills has added the icing on the cake. A major area of her interest has been to develop and train in the core area of upgrading the quality of services rendered at the personal as well as in classroom level through constant learning procedures.
Parwati has extensive hands on experience in conceptualizing strategies, implementing required systems, building and knitting confidence level, measuring and evaluating efficiency of performance of each member of the system. As an accreditation coordinator for school, very effectively the standardization of systems was understood and implemented as prescribed by NABET – QCI.
- Authored - “Saraswati Handbook On Entrepreneurship Practical”– for Class XII, Book on Entrepreneurship Practical Syllabus of Central Board Of Secondary Education.
- Co-Authored – "Computerised Accountancy" – for Class XII with Shri G. S. Garewal. Book for the students of Central Board Of Secondary Education.
- Special Contribution - “Accountancy – XI” – with Shri. G. S. Garewal. Book for the students of Central Board Of Secondary Education.
Paper Presented on
- Back to Basics in Education
- Schools- A Road Map for Happiness.
- Some Major Challenges faced by School Educators Today.
- Importance of Moral education in Today’s scenario.
- Enhancing Professional Excellence in Teachers.
Awards & Recognitions –
- A winner of Nachiketa Award – 2017, for defining the techniques of generating happy minds through education in International Principals Educational Conference 2017
- Ideal Principal Award 2017 by All India Citizens Development Centre, Aurangabad, for encouraging the students to be informative & sensitive citizens of India.
- The Best State Principal Award (Maharashtra & Goa) – by Science Olympiad Foundation, New Delhi, for the active participation and encouraging the students to achieve remarkable level of scores for the year 2015-16.
- Certificate of compliment – 2016-17, from Bharatiya Sanskriti Gyan Pariksha, Shantikunj, Haridwar, for inculcating cultural, moral, & national values among the young future generation of India.
- Ideal Principal Award 2016-17, by Akhil Bharatiya Rashtrabhasha Vikas Samiti, Mumbai, for the encouragement provided to the students for their outstanding performance in Rashtrabhasha Hindi Pariksha 2015-16.
- Appreciation letter from Silverzone Foundation for enhancing the academic level of the students and exposing them to the critical thinking domain and motivating them to achieve remarkable level of achievements since 2013 onwards.
- Special Appreciation from Kids Cerebral for encouraging substantial number of students for expressing their creative skills in form of drawing and paintings from 2014 onwards
Apart from all the achievements and awards, she has been extremely active in conducting various workshops and online sessions for other teachers. She herself has attended various of development programs and workshops.
Parwati’s forte does not stop at creating an interest for the concept, communicating the required knowledge, counseling (personal & academics), planning a specific career, shifting attitude towards solving problems, nurturing basic values, has added worth at the work place. Strong belief in self- motivation, an urge for excellence and the feeling of independence has helped in ensuring updated knowledge and a structured reorientation of the subject matter.
She is a very keen 21st Century Learner.